How We Handle Money
Giving to the Work of God at McLean Bible Church
At McLean Bible Church, we believe that giving is an act of worship, and that people are not giving to a church, a building, or a ministry program – but to the Lord Jesus Himself.
In order to ensure financial integrity, we have three distinct funds within McLean Bible Church:
- The General Operating Fund. The General Operating Fund is used for all ministry operational expenses, including salaries, benefits, general administration, utilities, ministry programming, etc. Unless otherwise specified, all donations are credited to this fund.
- The Building Fund. The Building Fund is used for the capital campaigns. Donors must specify this fund on their contributions in order to be credited properly.
- Other Special Funds. McLean Bible Church has a few special funds, such as Benevolence that provide for special ministry needs. We occasionally take special offerings for these ministries.
Donations may be made by the following methods:
- Check. Checks should be made payable to McLean Bible Church, and can be placed in the offering bags during the worship service. Checks can also be mailed to McLean Bible Church Attn: Finance P.O. Box 9300 McLean, VA 22102. Please note that giving envelopes are not necessary for contribution accounting.
- Cash. Cash donations can be placed in the offering bags during the worship service. To receive tax credit for a cash gift, the cash should be placed in an envelope with your name and address on it (personalized address labels work well for this purpose) so that we can properly record the contribution.
- Credit Card. To contribute by credit card, you will need to create an online account. To contribute via credit card or to create an account, click "Online Giving" below.
- E-Check (Electronic Funds Transfer). To contribute via e-check, you will need to create an account to login. A set amount is drafted out of your bank account according to the parameter you define. To contribute via e-check or to create an account, click "Online Giving" below.
- Stock or Mutual Fund. To contribute stock or mutual fund assets, please contact the Finance Department at 703/770-4389 or email@example.com.
Please note that we are no longer accepting vehicle donations.