DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Camp Nurse (RN/LPN) will coordinate with the Jill's House Medical Team to ensure that Jill's House Blue Ridge Camp is a safe and healthy environment. The Camp RN/LPN will anticipate medical or nursing care problems and provide solutions with confidence relating to the care for children with disabilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering medication the children staying at camp, attending to injuries, handling all medical emergencies and managing g-tube feedings. Under the guidance of our Medical Director, the nurse on-duty is the go-to person for any medical need.
- Assisting with the preparation of the medical files, including check-in and MARS, as needed.
- Collecting and securing from parent and/or legal guardian all appropriate medications and approved medical devices along with distribution / use approvals for each child staying at camp.
- Managing the storage and distribution of actual medication in accordance with Jill's House policies and procedures and accompanying approval documents.
- Attending Jill's House staff meetings, assisting in the staff training regarding the medical care of children and attending all training necessary to maintain professional certifications.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum years of relevant experience: A Baccalaureate Degree and 1 year or more of pediatric nursing experience preferred. .
- Education: A graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing with a current, active and unrestricted nursing license in the state of Virginia or state with compact reciprocity.
- Has a lifestyle of walking with Christ that can serve as an example to all who comes into contact with Jill's House.
- Has demonstrated alignment with the foundation, vision, mission and values of Jill's House.