The Music Director role will currently be a part-time position. The person in this role will assist the Worship Pastor in creating and cultivating the worship culture of the Montgomery County campus. The Music Director is responsible for arranging music, helping musicians grow in their ability to play the arrangements skillfully, leading the band through arrangements during rehearsal and sometimes during service, as well as collaborating with the Worship Pastor to plan weekly worship services, especially as relates to musical selection and arrangements. The Music Director may be asked to collaborate with all MBC campus Worship Leaders and Music Directors for churchwide events.
- Planning and Preparation:
- Help plan and lead weekly services with the Worship Pastor and other pastoral staff, focusing on musical selections and arrangements.
- Understand and help thoughtfully arrange the various elements of the worship gathering: songs, prayers, Scriptures, exhortations, commissioning, and ordinances.
- Oversee arrangements and lead rehearsal for services and special events; this could include loading tracks into mainstage prior to rehearsal, etc.
- Help encourage, equip, and empower new musicians.
- Worship Culture
- Help develop the worship team musically and spiritually.
- Help lead the team toward servanthood and shepherding.
- Help lead the team toward collaboration and community.
- Help lead the team toward musicianship that is skillful and not distracting.
- Godly character and devotion (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
- Views congregational singing as a spiritual function not just a musical one.
- Philosophical and doctrinal alignment with MBC leadership.
- Agrees with and desires to carry out the MBC vision.
- Commit to MBC Montgomery County campus as their local church.
- Demonstrable skills vocally and musically.
- Experience with IEMs, talkback mics, and some live audio.
- Experience with Planning Center, ProPresenter, Multi-tracks, and Mainstage.
- Experience with various musical styles and proficiency in CCM worship music and Gospel music.
- Songwriting and recording experience a plus.
Hours and Schedule
- 10 hours per week, 3 weeks (Thurs & Sun) per month.
- 2 hours per week for preparation
- 2 hours per week (7-9pm) for Thursday night rehearsals
- 6 hours (7am-1pm) for Sunday worship gatherings
Location: Rockville, MD 20852