Duties and Responsibilities:
The nurse will administer medication to the children who stay at Jill's House. The nurse attends to injuries, handles all medical emergencies and manages g-tube feedings. We keep 2 nurses on duty at all times for up to 40 different children. Under the guidance of our Nursing Director, the nurse on duty is the go-to person for any medical needs. As a general rule, we work when children are not in school. This means that most available shifts are weekends and days that school is out of session. Shifts vary in length from eight to twelve hours.
Current opennings:2 part time, weekend only, day shift
1 part time, weekend, night shift
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition to a cover letter, please answer the following:
The goal of Jill's House is to share Jesus' love with children with special needs and their families through professional excellence.
1) What about this position excites you? Why do you want to do this?
2) What has Jesus' love meant to you?
3) Briefly explain your experience with children (with or without special needs).
4) If we asked one of your managers about you, how would they describe your professional excellence in your previous jobs?
5) Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you as we review your qualifications?
We require the strength to help children transition and a current license to practice as an RN or LPN in Virginia (or a state like Maryland with reciprocity). You must have the ability to remain calm, focused and directive, to anticipate medical or nursing care problems and provide solutions, and confidence in nursing skills related to caring for children with disabilities. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Minimum years of relevant experience: A Baccalaureate Degree and 1 year or more of pediatric nursing experience preferred. .
- Education: A graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing with a current, active and unrestricted nursing license in the state of Virginia or state with compact reciprocity.
- Has a lifestyle of walking with Christ that can serve as an example to all who comes into contact with Jill's House.
- Has demonstrated alignment with the foundation, vision, mission and values of Jill's House.
To apply for the position of Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.