POSITION SUMMARY: We are a large, non-profit church located in Vienna, Virginia looking to add a team player to the Finance department. The Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with the rest of the accounting team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to operate effectively in a constantly changing environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with other departments in the church. We are looking for someone who is highly organized and able to work independently.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Payroll supervisor with an expertise in ADP
- Financial statement preparation
- Accounts Payable management within MS Dynamics GP and Concur
- External audit manager-experience in public accounting desired
- Other complex reconciliations and investigation of differences.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years’ experience performing accounting and auditing tasks required
- Excel skills must be highly proficient
- Experience with accounting software required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Word skills must be moderately proficient
- Highly organized, able to work independently, and maintain highest level of discretion
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
Salary range from $65,000 to $85,000
Location: Vienna, VA