Access is the "disability ministry" of McLean Bible Church. While the word "disability" is used, we prefer to think of Access as a ministry of "possibilities" not defined by what can’t be done but rather by what all individuals regardless of ability level can achieve in God’s house. We believe in Access to God for all His people and celebrate our uniqueness and differences. It is our hope to develop all people into fully-devoted followers of Christ, integrated into the church.
Access began in 1996 with a Sunday school class of four children diagnosed with various disabilities, who were not able to attend typical classes. Today, Access serves over 500 families of children with special needs in the Washington, DC, area each year. Access Ministry has a holistic approach to care for individuals with disabilities and their families by providing spiritual, physical and emotional care. We accomplish this through an incredibly passionate staff and core group of volunteers with servant hearts.
Access is dedicated to making a lasting impact upon the disability community with the Message of Jesus Christ. Here are the Core Values of MBC Access:
- People of all abilities matter to God and to us.
- We will have an evangelistic impact on the disability community through proactive outreach.
- We will make the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ accessible to people of all abilities.
- Our goal is to equip people with disabilities and their families to become full participants and contributors in the body of Christ and their communities.
- Everything we do for Christ will be done with excellence.