Each week, more than 2.8 million kids from ages 2-18 take part in Awana through more than 38,000 churches in 113 countries. Centered on the gospel, Awana uses Scripture memory in a fun, exciting environment to teach children and youth to know, live and share the gospel and to serve Christ locally and globally. Awana stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed"! (2 Timothy 2:15).
Awana at Prince William
A Quick Look at the Awana Clubs
- Puggles — for 2-year-olds
- Cubbies — for preschoolers ages 3 and 4/5
- Sparks — for kindergarten - 2nd grade
- T&T — for 3rd - 5th grades
- Trek — for 6th, 7th and 8th graders
- Journey — for high-schoolers
A typical night at Awana is broken down into 3 segments
Game Time - Every Awana meeting involves high energy game time with lots of team competition. Organized games get all the children to participate, unleashing natural energy and enthusiasm.
Handbook Time - Using achievement-oriented learning segments, Awana training emphasizes the importance of God and His Word for sound living. Clubbers progress through handbooks at their own pace & leaders meet with them individually to go over what they have learned.
Council Time - Council time begins with group Bible study that is tailored to the ages of the clubbers.
Additionally, special theme nights throughout the year cultivate a spirit of fun and community, and clubbers are encouraged to invite their friends. Other events include an Awana Grand Prix pinewood derby for all clubs and a boys’ and girls’ lock-in at the church for 3rd through 5th graders who have reached designated milestones in their handbooks.
- Puggles must be 2 years old by the first club night of the current year.
- Cubbies must be 3 years old by September 30 of the current year.
- Sparks (Kindergarten) must be 5 years by September 30 of the current year and enrolled in kindergarten. If your child is not starting kindergarten this fall, please enroll them in Cubbies.
- 1st Grade through 12th Grade: children will be assigned to the same grade level they are in at school, or with same-aged children if homeschooled.
There is a cost for dues each year. If you register early, the cost is $50 through July 31, with regular registration of $55 beginning on August 1. These dues help to cover the cost of books, awards, and activities throughout the year. Uniforms are a separate expense and will be paid when your child earns the uniform.
Children are considered enrolled when registration is submitted, dues are paid, and there are enough volunteers to staff the classrooms. If classes are full, your child will be placed on a waiting list and we will notify you. Limited scholarships may be available; please contact us. Typically a scholarship is ½ the cost of annual dues.
Important: children will be enrolled in the following order:
- Regular weekly Awana volunteers
- All those who have paid dues and submitted forms are taken on a first come, first serve basis, depending on space availability.
Awana is a club, and all Awana parents/guardians are requested to serve in some capacity. If no adult from your household wishes to be a regular Awana volunteer, then one adult must be on the nursery rotation list and serve in the Awana nursery when called, which is typically 4-5 times during the Awana year. Volunteer position descriptions and preference choices are on the Enrollment Form.
Want to help? Many volunteer roles involve no lesson preparation, but do involve thoughtful nurturing of a relationship with a small group of kids, and we adults form lasting friendships as we spend Sunday nights together!
For the 2018-2019 club year, our biggest needs are:
- Table Time Leaders, all ages. (Weekly, several of these rotate with each class to games and large group/council time, and then listen to clubbers recite verses during table time. No lesson prep, but lots of relationship!)
- Assistant Games Leader (Weekly; helps games leader run games for elementary and youth ages; fills in for regular leader when needed. Books of Awana games with specific instructions are available to aid in games selection!)
- Club Attendance/ Family Dinner Night Coordinator (Weekly; assists commanders in tracking clubber attendance; coordinates the family pizza nights.)
For Puggles (2-year-olds), please email email@example.com to let us know you'd like your toddler to participate!
Our Awana Club will meet every Sunday from September 16, 2018 through May 5, 2019, except as noted by "No Awana" below. Special themed nights are also listed below.
|-->September 9||Mock Club, 4:30-6:15 pm for all regular volunteers|
|1||September 16||First Night!|
|2||September 23||Cubbie Info Night|
|3||September 30||Regular Club Night|
|4||October 7||Sports Night / FAMILY PIZZA NIGHT AFTER CLUB (Order Pizza here)|
|5||October 14||Regular Club Night|
|6||October 21||BARF (Bring A Real Friend) Night|
|7||October 28||Regular Club Night|
|8||November 4||Regular Club Night|
|9||November 11||Inside Out Night|
|10||November 18||Regular Club Night / FAMILY CROCKPOT NIGHT AFTER CLUB (RSVP here)|
|November 25||No Awana (Thanksgiving)|
|11||December 2||Dot Your Leader Night|
|12||December 9||Regular Club Night|
|13||December 16||Regular Club Night|
|December 23||No Awana (Christmas)|
|December 30||No Awana (Christmas)|
|14||January 6||Regular Club Night|
|15||January 13||Camo Night / FAMILY PIZZA NIGHT AFTER CLUB (Order pizza here)|
|-->Friday, January 18||T&T (grades 3-5) Girls' Lock-In|
|16||January 20||Regular Club Night|
|-->Friday, January 25||T&T (grades 3-5) Boys' Lock-In|
|17||January 27||MISSIONS MONTH Kick-off!|
|February 3||No Awana|
|-->Friday, February 8||T&T (grades 3-5) Lock-In Inclement Weather Make-up Date|
|18||February 10||MISSIONS MONTH|
|19||February 17||Facial Hair Night / MISSIONS MONTH|
|20||February 24||MISSIONS MONTH|
|21||March 3||Pajama Night / FAMILY SOUP & CHILI NIGHT (Order here)|
|-->Saturday, March 9||AWANA GRAND PRIX!|
|22||March 10||Regular Club Night|
|23||March 17||Regular Club Night|
|24||March 24||Dot Your Leader Night|
|25||March 31||Group Pictures|
|26||April 7||Stuffed Animal Night / Group Pictures / FAMILY PIZZA NIGHT (Order pizza here)|
|April 14||No Awana (Palm Sunday)|
|April 21||No Awana (Easter)|
|27||April 28||Last Regular Club Night -- LAST Night to Complete Handbook Sections!
& Cubbies Awards Night
|May 5||Awana Awards Ceremony (Sparks and above)|