Each week, more than 2.8 million kids from ages 2-18 take part in Awana through more than 38,000 churches in 113 countries. Centered on the gospel, Awana uses Scripture memory in a fun, exciting environment to teach children and youth to know, live and share the gospel and to serve Christ locally and globally. Awana stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed"! (2 Timothy 2:15).
Awana at Loudoun
***The Awana registration system will be down July 29th - August 10th as the church is upgrading the system. Please contact email@example.com for questions or interest in registering.***
Our Awana Club currently includes programs from age 2 (Puggles) through ages 3 and 4 (Cubbies), Kindergarten through 2nd grade (Sparks), 3rd through 5th grade (T&T), 6th through 8th grade (Trek), and our 9th through 12th grade program (Journey). We've just completed our 5th year as a Club and are excited to serve the children and youth in Loudoun County through Awana!
Commanders' Corner: Loudoun Awana News
Welcome! We are looking forward to another great year beginning in September. We were so excited to see over 400 clubbers immersing themselves in God's Word and engaging in a fun time of fellowship together this past year. This past year we also participated in Awana Go, the missions arm of Awana. Clubbers learned about God’s heart for the world, pray for those who don’t know Jesus, and to raise money to help send kids around the world to Awana clubs. We were able to raise enough money to send kids in need to Awana clubs near them.
Here is an idea of what a typical night for your clubber might look like. Each club night is broken into 3 parts:
- Game time - A key principle of Awana is that Awana is exciting and FUN! Every part of our Awana Club features high-energy, healthy, and biblically-centered team competition. Organized games get all of the children and youth to participate, unleashing natural energy & enthusiasm.
- Handbook Time - Using achievement-oriented learning segments, Awana training emphasizes the importance of God & His Word for salvation, for learning to know and abide in Him, and for sound living. Clubbers progress through handbooks & leaders meet with them individually to go over what they have learned each week.
- Large Group Time - Large Group time consists of a Bible lesson tailored to the ages of the Clubbers. Large group features guest speakers throughout the year, and involves age-appropriate worship in most of our Clubs as well. The most important thing we do in Awana is tell children and youth about the gospel (1 Cor. 15:1-4) - what Jesus did for them on the cross. The gospel is presented with clarity and urgency at every age group, in every large group, every week in our Awana Club.
Age Requirements and Important Information for the Club
We are so excited to be preparing for our seventh year as a Club, 2018-2019! Registration is online!
If you do not attend McLean Bible Church, click here to be placed on our waitlist registration.
If you are a member/regular attendee of McLean Bible Church, click here for registration.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the priority for registration is McLean Bible Church members and/or those who consider McLean Bible their church home. If you don’t regularly attend McLean Bible we will place your child on a wait list and we will notify you as space as available.
Also, please review the Serving Opportunities Job Descriptions document and the ‘What We Teach’ booklet BEFORE starting the registration process as the site may time out.
If you are registering multiple children, be sure to select all of them before hitting “continue". Parents, you do not need to select yourself as your information is attached to the child(ren) - this is where you can select volunteer position or make updates to your information.
Puggles must be 2 years old by September 30, 2018. Cubbies must be 3 years old by September 30, 2018. Sparks (Kindergarten) must be 5 years by September 30, 2018. If your child is not starting Kindergarten this fall, please enroll them in Cubbies. For 1st Grade through 12th Grade, your child will go into the same Awana class as they attend in school (or with the grade of same-age children if homeschooled).
We are encouraging all McLean Bible Church members to not feel overextended by volunteering weekly at MBC Loudoun during Sunday mornings and serving weekly at Awana. Weekly volunteers with MBC Loudoun Sunday morning are not required to serve weekly at Awana as well. If you are volunteering for MBC Loudoun Awana from another church (non-McLean Bible Church) we are requesting that you volunteer on a weekly basis with your clubber. We appreciate your help and service to this ministry!
We know that every family is unique, and it's our goal to serve our Awana families however we can - please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have about the curriculum or age requirements, and we'd love to help you!
Click here to view the What We Teach Booklet
Click here to view Volunteer Roles
Updated Calendar coming soon!
All Leaders (either new to Awana or new to our Club) - please plan to join us at one of the two trainings: August 19 or August 26, 2018 from 2-4pm in the ROCK at MBC Loudoun.
Prior to training, there are three requirements to do:
1. Background Check. MBC Loudoun and Awana maintain a rigorous child protection policy. All leaders that will have any interactions or potential interactions with children are required to have a background check. For leaders that are new to our Awana Club, you can initiate the background check process by entering your information here. If you are already a volunteer in children's ministry at Mclean Bible Church, you don't need to repeat the background check for Awana.
2. Volunteer Application. For new leaders in Awana, if you are an adult, please complete the adult volunteer application; if you are a student leader or the parent of a student leader, please complete the volunteer application as well. Then, either: 1) send it to us digitally as a completed PDF as an email attachment, which constitutes signing it, or 2) bring it with you to training on August 19 or 26th and turn it in there. As with the background check, there is no need to do this if you have served in children's ministry previously at MBC, and already have a volunteer application on file with Mclean Bible Church.
“We are working to update the handouts for this upcoming year. Work in progress.”
Meeting Date & Time
- October 23, 2018
- October 24, 2018
- October 31, 2018
- November 7, 2018
- November 13, 2018