Lead a Discipleship Group
Thank you for your interest in leading a Discipleship Group. We want to turn Prince William County upside down for Christ. In order to accomplish this and fulfill our mission as a church, we need to create a culture of discipleship and evangelism at our church, where every person is a disciple who routinely shares their faith and we need lots of leaders to make it happen.
There are 2 steps to becoming a leader:
1. Fill out a short application (applicable to new leaders, current leaders who have not completed an application in the past and those who are not members)
2. After you fill out the application you will be contacted by a staff member for a brief interview.
Below are the guidelines for what you need to know and be able to do in order to lead a group:
1. I know Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior
2. I know how to read, pray, and obey God's Word
3. I am willing to respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit
4. I can resist doing all the talking and can draw others into a conversation
5. I am available to reach out to the people in my group regularly in order to invest in knowing them better
6. I can identify others who can do what I am doing
7. I understand how to be hospitable and to extend grace to others
8. My schedule will allow me to make leading this weekly group a priority.
9. I attend worship services at MBC Prince William
10. Agree and sign-off on the MBC Statement of Faith.