Thank you for your interest in becoming a discipleship group leader, apprentice leader, or coach at MBC Loudoun. Discipleship Groups are a critical part of life within MBC Loudoun because they are the primary arena in which we attempt to see people grow in their walk with Christ and help them become active, contributing members of our community. As such, Discipleship Group leaders, apprentices and coaches help people go from being 'just one of the masses,' to fully connected, mature in Christ, members of our body. Being a leader is very rewarding, but it is no small responsibility.
We look for common qualities in our Discipleship Group leadership team:
- Faithful: Pursuing Personal Spiritual Growth
- Available and Committed
- Initiative: Intentionally Inspiring Discipleship
- Honest and Authentic
As a discipleship group leader, you will be trained, equipped and supported as you lead your group of 4-6 people/couples to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
While leading a discipleship group is a tremendous responsibility and a significant time commitment, the rewards are numerous. You will be given the privilege of seeing people grow in their relationship with Christ. You will build relationships that are deep and meaningful. A lot will be asked of you as a leader, but much more will be given.
Due to the importance of this leadership position, leaders are required to agree with the WHAT WE TEACH document in belief and in practice. We also encourage but do not require leaders to be members of MBC.
MBC also requires discpleship group leaders to go through an application process, training, and ongoing leadership development. The following list provides an overview:
- Assess - Take a moment and read through the Leader Position Description. Please also study our expectations regarding living a life that isAbove Reproach.
- Pray - Please pray through your decision to become a discipleship group leader. Are you called to lead a discipleship group?
- Study our Statement of Faith - Agreement both in belief and in practice with our Statement of Faith is required. If you have questions about or disagreements with our Statement of Faith, please let us know.
- Apply - Complete the online Leadership Application.
- Meet - During the approval process, a staff member or coach will contact you about setting up an in-person interview once we receive your application.
- Join - Within 6 months of your conditional approval to lead a discipleship group, you should attend the McLean Bible Church Membership Orientation and complete the membership application. All discipleship group leaders must be members of McLean Bible Church.
- Train - To be better equipped to lead a discipleship group, attend Group Leadership Training, held at the Tysons campus of McLean Bible Church. Once approved as a leader you will be provided more details about this training. For ongoing suggestions, ideas, and excellentdiscipleship group resources.
Thank you for your interest in Discipleship Groups and for your willingness to consider leadership.