We encourage and equip women locally to serve and empower vulnerable women abroad through the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ. We assist ministry partners by collaborating in their service to God's Kingdom.
Our goal is to walk alongside our international church and ministry partners and assist them in their efforts to serve the women in their communities. We aim to build lasting relationships, provide spiritual encouragement, share practical applications for Christian living, and cover our partners with prayers. Join us and be blessed by what God is doing when we are ready to serve others.
***Women's team is in Ethiopia right now (as a part of the church-wide trip)! Please pray for all that God will accomplish during this time. Contribute directly to this church-wide mission trip by texting "give #ethiopia" with the amount you want to give. For example "give #ethiopia 100", to 703-293-5758.
- Support Samaritan House- ministry dedicated to freeing and discipling women in prostitution and enslavement in El Salvador. We have a wonderful working model called Lily House in the Dominican Republic. The goal is to provide intensive biblical discipleship, rehabilitation, and teach practical skills to prepare for future careers. We are also praying over women to reside in and run this center.
- Continue to partner with Lily House where staff there serve adults and minors (17 and under) who have been rescued from human trafficking or prostitution.
- Continue to empower women of MBC to go to all 7 of the core countries Global Impact is partnering with (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Philippines, Dominican Republic, El Salvador) to build relationships and join God at work to support vulnerable women. Check out the short term mission trips for the year! Especially focus on: Ethiopia : July 11-21, Dominican Republic: 9/15-9/20 (invitation only for ladies who already know Lily House), El Salvador: October 5-11: Please click on the link and sign up for the trip as the Holy Spirit moves you!
- Travel with us internationally and begin building long-term friendships with women through the MBC Global Impact partnerships in several core countries. See upcoming trips at short term mission trip page. GI women's group will support women going to any of these trips by praying and providing ideas for women's ministry content (crafts, gifts, conference ideas, etc).
- Offer your gifts, talents or creative ideas to prepare resources for our trips and train others who may be going on a trip
- Serve with us locally as we raise awareness and funds for our global ministry partners
- Give by contributing financially or donating tangible resources such as ministry materials, household items, and personal items that make women feel valuable (jewelry, toiletries, clothing, scarves, shoes, etc). If you would like to make a financial contribution, please email us! (see right hand side contact information)
- Pray- for we know that prevailing prayer really does make a difference. Pray for our efforts to reach out, encourage, empower, and serve women around the world
- Come serve in one or more of our working groups:
- Communications (website, newsletters, communication with partners abroad)
- Prayer & Worship (prayer calendar update, musical worship coordination)
- Content/Creative (materials for mission trips such as programs, conferences, education, gifts)
- Fundraising/Business (scarves of hope, bringing merchandise from global partners to market during Christmas Village, etc)
- Resources (coordinate donations, work with GI staff to allocate resources to support ministry partners)
Come to our next meetings!
Work-Fellowship Meetings Mondays, 7-9PM
- 8/6/2018 Community Room D (3rd floor, turn left coming out of elevator, all the way down the hallway)
Fellowship KOINONIA luncheon
- 8/12/2018 Sunday 1:15-3:30 Community Room D (rescheduled from 6/24th!)
- 10/21/2018 Sunday 3:15-5PM Rock lounge
- December 1st week (dates and location TBA)
Please subscribe to our newsletter for up to date information. (You will also get updates from partners, prayer requests, and more!)
Weekly prayer meetings: Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM at Prayer Room
Note 2nd Tuesday of every month we will be praying specifically for Global Impact
Check out Global Impact events (click here), such as mission trip share nights (click here)!
Anyone going to LIBERATE: IJM Conference? September 28-29, Dallas Tx