We encourage and equip women locally to serve and empower vulnerable women abroad through the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ. We assist ministry partners by collaborating in their service to God's Kingdom.
Our goal is to walk alongside our international church and ministry partners and assist them in their efforts to serve the women in their communities. We aim to build lasting relationships, provide spiritual encouragement, share practical applications for Christian living, and cover our partners with prayers. Join us and be blessed by what God is doing when we are ready to serve others.
MISSION TRIP 2017: 10/5-10/12/2017 to El Salvador! Please Pray and Give to support the team going and for our partners on the ground. See details under "ways to get involved"
- Build an aftercare facility for women coming out of prostitution and enslavement in El Salvador. We have a wonderful working model called Lily House in the Dominican Republic. The goal is to provide intensive biblical discipleship, rehabilitation, and teach practical skills to prepare for future careers. We are also praying over women to reside in, and run this center, and training for them.
- Continue to partner with Lily House where staff there are now able to serve minors (17 and under) who have been rescued from human trafficking.
- Continue to empower women of MBC to go to all 7 of the core countries Global Impact is partnering with (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Philippines, Dominican Republic, El Salvador) to build relationships and join God at work to support vulnerable women.
- Travel with us internationally and begin building long-term friendships with women through the MBC Global Impact partnerships in 7 core countries. See upcoming trips at out Short Term Trip Page. GI women's group will support women going to any of these trips by praying and providing ideas for women's ministry content (crafts, gifts, conference ideas, etc).
- HELP PLAN and SUPPORT the team going to EL SALVADOR! GI women's team is preparing to go 10/5-10/12/2017. This is going to be an amazing trip- we will be helping to set up Samaritan House (our brave partners have been reaching out to women in prostitution and enslavement, inviting them to church service on Mondays, pouring into them, and teaching them about Jesus. Praise the Lord 7 women are already free from prostitution! We are praying for more than 20 other women who are still in prostitution but are also in contact with the Samaritan House and hearing about the Gospel. We will do another leadership conference for the women's ministry leaders in local churches.(We encourage the encouragers!) We also plan on doing another big outreach event for the women in prostitution. You don't want to miss being part of this epic mission trip! God is moving in a big way and we want to join Him. Please pray for this team and as you are lead prayerfully consider giving financially or in donated items. We need small hotel sized toiletries, makeup (lipstick, blush, mascara, etc), nail polish, jewelry, scarves, small notebooks, and nice pens. We are also hoping to bring as gifts 60-70 thin cardigans (in all different sizes) as gifts for the women or watches (not expensive but working and pretty). You can drop of these items at Alexis Ramirez's office on the 3rd floor. Or can email Carmen (see under contacts on right hand side) to arrange drop off.
- Offer your gifts, talents or creative ideas to prepare resources for our trips and train others who may be going on a trip
- Serve with us locally as we raise awareness and funds for our global ministry partners
- Give by contributing financially or donating tangible resources such as ministry materials, household items, and personal items that make women feel valuable (jewelry, toiletries, clothing, scarves, shoes, etc). If you would like to make a financial contribution, please email Carmen (see right hand side contact information)
- Pray- for we know that prevailing prayer really does make a difference. Pray for our efforts to reach out, encourage, empower, and serve women around the world
- Come serve in one or more of our working groups:
- Communications (website, newsletters, communication with partners abroad)
- Prayer & Worship (prayer calendar update, musical worship coordination)
- Content/Creative (materials for mission trips such as programs, conferences, education, gifts)
- Fundraising/Business (scarves of hope, bringing merchandise from global partners to market during Christmas Village, etc)
- Resources (coordinate donations, work with GI staff to allocate resources to support ministry partners)
Come to our next meetings!
Sept 18, 2017 Monday 7-9 PM Room 1605 (Planning for upcoming Freedom Sunday and mission trip to El Salvador)
Oct 23, 2017 Monday 7-9 PM Room 1605 (Planning for luncheon and Christmas Village)
- Sept 24, 2017 Sunday (@ all services) Tysons Campus - Support for Justice on Freedom Sunday
- Dec 10-16, 2017 Sun-Sat Christmas Village!
International Worship Night at MBC Tysons
- Sept 12, 2017 Tuesday starting at 6:30pm
- Last one of the year will be Mid-November or early December. Final date and location TBA; (Tentative date: December 3, 2017, 12:30 to 2:30 PM Room 1605 )
Please subscribe to our newsletter for up to date information. (You will also get updates from partners, prayer requests, and more!)
Weekly prayer meetings: Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM at Prayer Room
Note 2nd Tuesday of every month we will be praying specifically for Global Impact