We encourage and equip women locally to serve and empower vulnerable women abroad through the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ. We assist ministry partners by collaborating in their service to God's Kingdom.
Our goal is to walk alongside our international church and ministry partners and assist them in their efforts to serve the women in their communities. We aim to build lasting relationships, provide spiritual encouragement, share practical applications for Christian living, and cover our partners with prayers. Join us and be blessed by what God is doing when we are ready to serve others.
**We will be participating in Christmas Around the World Dec13th-15th! We are raising awareness and funds by selling handmade goods by women in the Dominican Republic (Lily House and Virtuous Women), El Salvador (Samaritan House) and Ethiopia, as well as "New Again Jewelry". We will also be displaying nativities from around the world. Many volunteers are needed to help setup, sell and breakdown. If you have nativities from other countries that you can lend, please contact Carmen Tamayo (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have questions or have jewelry to donate, please contact Diane Hara (email@example.com or 703-819-0701). Sign up to volunteer HERE
- Support Samaritan House- ministry dedicated to freeing and discipling women in prostitution and enslavement in El Salvador. We have a wonderful working model called Lily House in the Dominican Republic. The goal is to provide intensive biblical discipleship, rehabilitation, and teach practical skills to prepare for future careers. We are also praying over women to reside in and run this center.
- Continue to partner with Lily House where staff there serve adults and minors (17 and under) who have been rescued from human trafficking or prostitution.
- Continue to empower women of MBC to go to all 7 of the core countries Global Impact is partnering with (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Philippines, Dominican Republic, El Salvador) to build relationships and join God at work to support vulnerable women. Check out the short term mission trips for the year! Especially focus on: Ethiopia : July 11-21, Dominican Republic: 9/16-9/20 (invitation only for ladies who already know Lily House), El Salvador: October 5-11:
- Travel with us internationally and begin building long-term friendships with women through the MBC Global Impact partnerships in several core countries. See upcoming trips at short term mission trip page. GI women's group will support women going to any of these trips by praying and providing ideas for women's ministry content (crafts, gifts, conference ideas, etc).
- Offer your gifts, talents or creative ideas to prepare resources for our trips and train others who may be going on a trip
- Serve with us locally as we raise awareness and funds for our global ministry partners
- Give by contributing financially or donating tangible resources such as ministry materials, household items, and personal items that make women feel valuable (jewelry, toiletries, clothing, scarves, shoes, etc). If you would like to make a financial contribution, please email us! (see right hand side contact information)
- Pray- for we know that prevailing prayer really does make a difference. Pray for our efforts to reach out, encourage, empower, and serve women around the world
- Come serve in one or more of our working groups:
- Communications (website, newsletters, communication with partners abroad)
- Prayer & Worship (prayer calendar update, musical worship coordination)
- Content/Creative (materials for mission trips such as programs, conferences, education, gifts)
- Fundraising/Business (scarves of hope, bringing merchandise from global partners to market during Christmas Village, etc)
- Resources (coordinate donations, work with GI staff to allocate resources to support ministry partners)
Come to our next meetings!
Work-Fellowship Meetings Mondays, 7-9PM (generally 2nd Mondays of the month)
- 12/10/18 Community Room D (3rd floor, turn left coming out of elevator, all the way down the hallway)
Awareness and Fundraiser
- 12/14-15/2018 (Fri, Sat) CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD event. (Set-up: 12/13 Thurs) We will be selling jewelry and other items made by our ministry partners in ES, DR, and Ethiopia!
Fellowship KOINONIA luncheon or tea party
- 1/20/2019 Sunday 12:30- 2:30, Room 2400
- Early February 2019: a weekend prayer retreat/vigil (dates and location TBA)
- Please subscribe to our newsletter for up to date information. (You will also get updates from partners, prayer requests, and more!)
Weekly prayer meetings: Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM at Prayer Room
Note 2nd Tuesday of every month we will be praying specifically for Global Impact