We encourage and equip women locally to serve and empower vulnerable women abroad through the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ. We assist ministry partners by collaborating in their service to God's Kingdom.
Our goal is to walk alongside our international church and ministry partners and assist them in their efforts to serve the women in their communities. We aim to build lasting relationships, provide spiritual encouragement, share practical applications for Christian living, and cover our partners with prayers. Join us and be blessed by what God is doing when we are ready to serve others.
In 2018 GI women's team went to El Salvador, Dominican Republic, and Ethiopia - and witnessed our Lord working in mighty ways. Prayerfully consider traveling in 2019 with Global Impact. Here is the link to the short term mission trips page. Next trip is to El Salvador 5/4/-5/8/2019. Application is closed. Can't go? Please give! Click HERE and scroll to bottom to donate.
Click HERE to view 10/2018 El Salvador trip update and more details about Samaritan House (some of this was shared at the January luncheon)
- Support Samaritan House- ministry dedicated to freeing and discipling women in prostitution and enslavement in El Salvador. We have a wonderful working model called Lily House in the Dominican Republic. The goal is to provide intensive biblical discipleship, rehabilitation, and teach practical skills to prepare for future careers. We are also praying over women to reside in and run this center.
- Continue to partner with Lily House where staff there serve adults and minors (17 and under) who have been rescued from human trafficking or prostitution.
- Continue to empower and support women of MBC to go to the nations through Global Impact short term mission trips.
- Travel with us internationally and begin building long-term friendships with women through the MBC Global Impact partnerships in several core countries. See upcoming trips at short term mission trip page. GI women's group will support women going to any of these trips by praying and providing ideas for women's ministry content (crafts, gifts, conference ideas, etc).
- Offer your gifts, talents or creative ideas to prepare resources for our trips and train others who may be going on a trip
- Serve with us locally as we raise awareness and funds for our global ministry partners
- Give by contributing financially or donating tangible resources such as ministry materials, household items, and personal items that make women feel valuable (jewelry, toiletries, clothing, scarves, shoes, etc). If you would like to make a financial contribution, please email us! (see right hand side contact information)
- Pray- for we know that prevailing prayer really does make a difference. Pray for our efforts to reach out, encourage, empower, and serve women around the world
- Come serve in one or more of our working groups:
- Communications (website, newsletters, communication with partners abroad)
- Prayer & Worship (prayer calendar update, musical worship coordination)
- Content/Creative (materials for mission trips such as programs, conferences, education, gifts)
- Fundraising/Business (scarves of hope, bringing merchandise from global partners to market during Christmas Village, etc)
- Resources (coordinate donations, work with GI staff to allocate resources to support ministry partners)
- El Salvador trip video October 2018
- Ethiopia trip summer 2018
- Orphan care Ethiopia Leadership meeting slides Jan 2019
- Currie's video montage of El Salvador trip Oct 2017
- Currie's video montage of GI women's team in action in El Salvador
- Message from Linda and Rebecca in El Salvador
- Lily House update from Erica
- Elsa's story from Lily House
Come to our next meetings!
Work-Fellowship Meetings Mondays, 7-9PM (generally 2nd Mondays of the month)
- 3/11/19Community Room D (3rd floor, turn left coming out of elevator, all the way down the hallway)
Awareness and Fundraiser
- Mother's Day jewelry sales: dates TBA
Fellowship KOINONIA luncheon or tea party
- 6/09/19 Sunday 3:15- 5 PM, Room 2400
- Please subscribe to our newsletter for up to date information. (You will also get updates from partners, prayer requests, and more!)
Weekly prayer meetings: Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM at Prayer Room
Note 2nd Tuesday of every month we will be praying specifically for Global Impact