We encourage and equip women locally to serve and empower vulnerable women abroad through the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ. We assist ministry partners by collaborating in their service to God's Kingdom.
Our goal is to walk alongside our international church and ministry partners and assist them in their efforts to serve the women in their communities. We aim to build lasting relationships, provide spiritual encouragement, share practical applications for Christian living, and cover our partners with prayers. Join us and be blessed by what God is doing when we are ready to serve others.
**We would like to invite you to join us in the effort to end human trafficking. We are walking as a team in A21's Walk For Freedom on October 20th 11am-1pm. Team Registration Info for joining our team: MBC Global Impact Women's Team, Password: MBC. See below in "Ways to get involved" for more details!
- Support Samaritan House- ministry dedicated to freeing and discipling women in prostitution and enslavement in El Salvador. We have a wonderful working model called Lily House in the Dominican Republic. The goal is to provide intensive biblical discipleship, rehabilitation, and teach practical skills to prepare for future careers. We are also praying over women to reside in and run this center.
- Continue to partner with Lily House where staff there serve adults and minors (17 and under) who have been rescued from human trafficking or prostitution.
- Continue to empower women of MBC to go to all 7 of the core countries Global Impact is partnering with (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Philippines, Dominican Republic, El Salvador) to build relationships and join God at work to support vulnerable women. Check out the short term mission trips for the year! Especially focus on: Ethiopia : July 11-21, Dominican Republic: 9/16-9/20 (invitation only for ladies who already know Lily House), El Salvador: October 5-11:
- Walk For Freedom 10/20/2018: Women, men, and children of all ages are welcome to join us!
What is it? Walk For Freedom is a global fundraising and awareness event. Rallying thousands of abolitionists, taking millions of steps, showing up in hundreds of cities all over the world, Walk For Freedom is an outward expression of our inward desire to see slavery completely abolished.
On October 20th, single-file lines of people in black will fill their local streets, sidewalks, bridges, and tunnels with a message that can't be ignored: slavery still exists. Together we will walk, holding signs and passing out flyers to reach the people in our city with the message of human trafficking. Telling our communities that they actually have the power to make change possible. We believe that when we all show up locally , we will have an impact globally . In our cities, in our communities, in our world. One step at a time, we fundraise and walk to see a world without slavery.
Walk for freedom is about two things:
1. Walking to raise awareness in your city.
2. Fundraising to help victims around the world.
This year, they are challenging everyone to raise at least $100. Why do we fundraise? Watch this video.
Location: JFK Hockey Field, Washington, DC
Cost to walk: Free! It is encouraged to try to fundraise $100 that will go towards A21.
Length of the walk: 1-2 miles walking at a slow pace
Dress Code: All black! The purpose of the walk is to raise awareness about the issue of human trafficking and is not a fun run or 5k. Wear comfortable shoes and all black. You can purchase an A21 Walk For Freedom shirt for $15 here.
- Travel with us internationally and begin building long-term friendships with women through the MBC Global Impact partnerships in several core countries. See upcoming trips at short term mission trip page. GI women's group will support women going to any of these trips by praying and providing ideas for women's ministry content (crafts, gifts, conference ideas, etc).
- Offer your gifts, talents or creative ideas to prepare resources for our trips and train others who may be going on a trip
- Serve with us locally as we raise awareness and funds for our global ministry partners
- Give by contributing financially or donating tangible resources such as ministry materials, household items, and personal items that make women feel valuable (jewelry, toiletries, clothing, scarves, shoes, etc). If you would like to make a financial contribution, please email us! (see right hand side contact information)
- Pray- for we know that prevailing prayer really does make a difference. Pray for our efforts to reach out, encourage, empower, and serve women around the world
- Come serve in one or more of our working groups:
- Communications (website, newsletters, communication with partners abroad)
- Prayer & Worship (prayer calendar update, musical worship coordination)
- Content/Creative (materials for mission trips such as programs, conferences, education, gifts)
- Fundraising/Business (scarves of hope, bringing merchandise from global partners to market during Christmas Village, etc)
- Resources (coordinate donations, work with GI staff to allocate resources to support ministry partners)
Come to our next meetings!
Work-Fellowship Meetings Mondays, 7-9PM
- 10/15/2018 Community Room D (3rd floor, turn left coming out of elevator, all the way down the hallway)
- and 11/12/18
Fellowship KOINONIA luncheon or tea party
- January Sunday (dates and location TBA)
- Please subscribe to our newsletter for up to date information. (You will also get updates from partners, prayer requests, and more!)
Weekly prayer meetings: Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM at Prayer Room
Note 2nd Tuesday of every month we will be praying specifically for Global Impact
Check out Global Impact events (click here), such as mission trip share nights (click here)!
Trauma Healing training: 11/1-11/3 (Thursday-Saturday)
Anti human trafficking walk with A21 Walk for Freedom: 10/20 (Sat)