MBC Loudoun strives to make an evangelistic impact on secular Loudoun County with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. In an effort to do so, MBC Loudoun supports the Homeless Shelter located at:
19520 Meadowview Court
The homeless shelter provides emergency beds to help people stabilize their housing situation and regain self-sufficiency. You can find out more about the shelter online at the Loudoun County web site.
MBC Loudoun supports the shelter by:
- Serving meals at the homeless shelter several times per month.
- Providing Sunday night church services at the shelter. (McLean Bible Church calls this a "microsite.")
- Advocating for and mentoring families as they transition out of the shelter.
- Furnishing a families’ home when they leave the shelter.
Join a MBC Loudoun group who makes and serves dinner or breakfast at the shelter. Sign up for the dates and times that fit your schedule. Make a dish for the meal, serve the meal with others in your group, and visit with those whom you're serving.
Contact Andrew and Juliana Beall to get started.
If you don't feel comfortable talking to someone who is homeless, then ask Director of Outreach Dave Kroeze for one-on-one training.
Help provide worship services on Sunday nights. Services are from 7-8 pm, but we'd like your help from 6:30-8:30 pm.
We need help in three areas:
- Greeters: Greeters invite people to the service as they walk through the shelter. They make the environment warm and friendly, get to know the residents, and pray with them.
- Tech: The Tech picks up the equipment from church, sets it up, tears it down, and drops it off back at the church.
- Host: The Host runs the church service. Before serving in this capacity, you will train with Director of Outreach Dave Kroeze because you are essentially being the pastor for the service. You'll do announcements, present the gospel, and lead a time of prayer.
We only need 4-5 volunteers each week--2 greeters, 1 tech, and 1 host. The fifth volunteer is for weeks when we have a lot of kids at the shelter. It varies depending on who is in the shelter at any given time.
This is the process where we walk with families as they transition out of the shelter. This is generally longer-term (3-6 months) and consists of serving as a point-of-contact between the church and a particular family. This includes but is not limited to:
- facilitating resources from the church (take them grocery shopping, purchase items that might be needed for the family with reimbursement from MBC).
- helping to make connections with community organizations that could assist with filling gaps (food pantries, job fairs, school resources, etc.).
- serving as a Christ-centered mentor in their lives.
If you’re not sure how to do all that, you can receive one-on-one training from Director of Outreach Dave Kroeze.
Do you feel moved to work with these families? Contact Dave Kroeze to get started.
When families transition from the local shelter or homelessness to housing, they find themselves in a tough spot. They need to pay a security deposit and the first months’ rent, leaving no money to furnish their home. So many times we've witnessed homes that have no furniture or even anything on which to sleep. Providing furnishings is a vital piece of our ability to love these individuals like Jesus does.
You can support this ministry by:
Even though the people we are helping are desperate, we still need to respect their situation. They are trying to get themselves and/or their families out of unfortunate circumstances. Providing them with broken or badly stained furnishings can hurt their already bruised self-esteem and could diminish McLean Bible Church's efforts to demonstrate to them how much Christ cares for them and their situation.
That's why we're looking for your best donations. We are seeking clean, serviceable furniture that you are currently using but perhaps you're ready to downsize or to upgrade. We particularly need:
- coffee tables
- end tables
- entertainment stands
The only non-wood or metal items that we accept are couches and stuffed chairs. If you have items to donate, please send pictures to Matthew Broderick.
Tax receipts will be provided.
Other Furniture That We Can Auction
If you have nice items that you'd like to donate but don't fit our needs, we can take your donation and work with an auction house that gives us 70% of the sold value. We then use that money to purchase all new kitchen essentials (including brand new pots, pans, utensils, silverware, etc.) and all new bathroom essentials (such as shower curtains, towels, rugs, etc.). Please send pictures to Matthew Broderick.
You may also donate money that we use to purchase kitchen and bathroom essentials. Use the online form to make your donation.
If you will help move furniture into a home, please join our email distribution list. Often, the need to move people arises with little notice. We apologize in advance. By joining the email distribution list, you will receive notices when there's a need to move furniture. If you can join us that day, reply to the email to let us know.
Pastor of Mobilization
Dave joined the staff of Mclean Bible Church through the Future Leaders Class of 2013. Dave’s passion is seeing adults grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and giving Him the glory in all things. He holds a Bachelors degree in Biblical/Theological Studies and Christian Education from Wheaton College. Dave completed his M.A. in Christian Apologetics from Biola University. He and Meredith have been married since December,2011 and have relocated to this area from sunny Los Angeles. They are both blessed for the opportunity to serve God at MBC Loudoun.