IS ON THE MOVE!
Kid's Quest Elementary is moving to the First Floor beginning Sunday, January 14, 2018. Check out the Map and FAQ with the details! When you see the new spaces, keep in mind that this is just the beginning. In the months to come, you will see more color, fun, and exciting things for our kids. Parents, we want you to add your ideas and thoughts to the Brainstorm Pages located throughout the area. Or email Kim Slye, KQ Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!
A person's spiritual beliefs are usually formed by the time they’re 13. Our vision is to come alongside parents and guardians, the primary spiritual trainers, in guiding children in their lifelong quest to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our strategy is to THINK ORANGE. When the light of the church (YELLOW) and the heart of the family (RED) partner together, we can have a greater impact on a child's spiritual growth than if we work alone.
When we THINK ORANGE, we help every child experience 5 catalysts critical to growing their faith. Children need:
- A really big God they can trust no matter what. We aim to teach and model to children that God is big enough to handle anything. Matthew 22:37-39
- Strong Biblical teaching to help them make wise choices. We teach children to make decisions based on absolute truth, not circumstances. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Engaged parents who know where they are spiritually. We equip parents with tools to build faith and Godly character in their children. Deuteronomy 6:7-9
- Another voice saying the same thing as their parents. We encourage our leaders to connect with children as friends and mentors. Philippians 2:15-16
- Someone who believes what they believe. We create a place for open and honest dialogue so children can be encouraged in their faith by friends. Acts 2:42-47