Food opens up the door for conversation in a relaxed atmosphere that allows us to exhibit God’s love. The Kitchen Ministry involves preparing food for outreach and campus events, and seeks to serve those who could use the helping hand of a meal due to a new baby, illness or loss of a loved one. Our kitchen ministry includes the following teams:
Our Communion Team is an integral part of worship as it prepares the elements for the Sundays on which we partake in communion. Volunteers are needed to help prepare communion trays one Sunday per month. Two of three people are needed to:
- Place empty cups and the appropriate amount of bread on each tray.
- Fill the communion cups by 8:30 am on communion Sundays.
- Refill communion trays between Sunday morning services.
- Wash communion trays after the 11 am service has ended.
Training is required and provided by the Kitchen Ministry.
Individuals professionally trained as chefs, people who have worked in a professional kitchen, or those who just really love to cook are needed for a new team. This Culinary Team will plan menus, provide detailed shopping lists and prepare food for large numbers of people. ServSafe Safe Food Handling certification is required and provided by the Kitchen Ministry.
Individuals who are good at price comparison and value shopping are needed to shop for the kitchen once a week. A list of needed items will be provided.
A special group of people with daytime availability are needed to help with meals following funerals and memorial services. Assistance is needed planning the meal, ordering and picking up food, draping tables, setting up buffet and beverage tables, serving food and cleaning up. Training is required and provided by the Kitchen Ministry.
Those who love to practice hospitality are needed to help with the Special Events Team. These events include:
- Lunch On Us, a monthly outreach ministry to those who work in close proximity to our church. Individuals are needed to pick up food, set up the adult classroom and help serve lunch to 70+ people.
- Quarterly Pizza Dinner, following a time of worship and prayer on Sunday evenings. People can help by picking up food, preparing the buffet line and beverage stations, serving food and cleaning up at the end of the dinner.
- Special Receptions, a chance to help prepare cake receptions to honor our church members, staff and events. Individuals are needed to help set up and drape serving tables, pick up sheet cakes, cut and plate cakes and clean up afterwards.
- Cookie Sunday, a time to share Christmas cookies on a Sunday in December. Help is needed to set up and drape serving tables, prepare centerpieces, plate and present the cookies.
Training is required and provided by the Kitchen Ministry for all Special Events Team members.