About Koinonia - Who We Are
- Connecting with other followers of Christ is an essential part of your spiritual journey. There is no such thing as a fully devoted follower of Christ who lives in isolation. At MBC, we offer community groups for people who are looking for a mid-sized group that meets at the church. People who attend community groups experience biblical community by making new friends, serving together, and praying for each other while growing deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We are a community of adults (mostly 50+) who meet for fellowship and Bible study. Our time is led by MBC instructors, and our activities are designed to help members become fully devoted followers of Christ who make an impact on their families, friends, neighborhoods and workplaces. Besides Bible study, we engage in social activities, potluck luncheons, an annual retreat, and service projects.
Discipleship Groups - When We Meet
- We also encourage each other to connect in biblical community through a Discipleship Group.
- Discipleship Groups consist of 6 to 12 people who have the common goal of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Discipleship Group life incorporates relationship building, Bible study, prayer and serving opportunities.
- Most groups meet weekly at MBC or in homes throughout the DC metro area.
Koinonia Sunday Schedule:
- March 17 - MBC Crossroads Choir, followed by Glenn Bratcher (A Marine's Testimony), and Ed & JJ Few on their recent Israel trip.
- March 23 & 31 - Jamie Loizou (McLean University Instructor)
- April - May - Chuck Sickels
- June - July - Rob Thomson
Koinonia Fellowship Event
- Join us for our March Fellowship Event - Saturday, March 23 - "Popcorn & A Movie." We will be viewing the new Billy Graham Documentary, "Billy Graham, An Extraordinary Journey." Please invite guests to join us during this time of fellowship.
Koinonia Monthly Men's Gathering
- Saturday, April 20 at 10 am in the Large Prayer Room - Led by Elder Tom McMahon
Outreach Planning Committee Meeting
- Outreach Planning Committee Meeting - Sunday, April 7 immediately following Koinonia in Room 3400 conference room
- Members of Koinonia are helping at Brightview Great Falls assisted living. Contact Pam Garren (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-806-0845) if you have questions or feel God's leading in reaching out to the community of seniors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone who would be available and like to help, once a month, with the Sunday afternoon church service at Sunrise of McLean from 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. If interested, please contact Pam Garren, 301-806-0845 or email@example.com
Room 3400, on the 3rd floor in the North Wing.