About Koinonia - Who We Are
- Connecting with other followers of Christ is an essential part of your spiritual journey. There is no such thing as a fully devoted follower of Christ who lives in isolation. At MBC, we offer community groups for people who are looking for a mid-sized group that meets at the church. People who attend community groups experience biblical community by making new friends, serving together, and praying for each other while growing deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We are a community of adults (mostly 50+) who meet for fellowship and Bible study. Our time is led by MBC instructors, and our activities are designed to help members become fully devoted followers of Christ who make an impact on their families, friends, neighborhoods and workplaces. Besides Bible study, we engage in social activities, potluck luncheons, an annual retreat, and service projects.
Discipleship Groups - When We Meet
- We also encourage each other to connect in biblical community through a Discipleship Group.
- Discipleship Groups consist of 6 to 12 people who have the common goal of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Discipleship Group life incorporates relationship building, Bible study, prayer and serving opportunities.
- Most groups meet weekly at MBC or in homes throughout the DC metro area.
Koinonia Sunday Schedule:
- May 19 - June 23: Jim Battle will lead us in a 6-week series on "The Book of Exodus"
Koinonia Fellowship Event
- Join us for May 25 at 1.00 pm for our monthly fellowship. We will share a potluck meal, followed by the movie "The Case for Christ" based upon Lee Strobel's book. Lee, using his journalistic and legal training, attempts to disprove the claims of Christianity. Invite guests to join us for our time of fellowship. Bring your favorite dish to share.
Memorial Day Weekend- We have free tickets to the National Memorial Day Choral Festival at the Kennedy Center, Sunday, May 26 at 3:00 pm. The concert is organized by Music Celebrations International with the U.S, Air Force and the American Veterans Center. We have reserved two church buses and will leave immediately following Koinonia. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Contact Jean Marumoto to reserve your tickets at- 571-338-8717 (leave message if you get her voicemail), email Jean @email@example.com OR we will have a sign up sheet Sunday during Koinonia.
Koinonia Monthly Men's Gathering
- Saturday, June 8 at 10 am in the Large Prayer Room - Led by Elder Tom McMahon
Outreach Planning Committee Meeting
- Outreach Planning Committee Meeting - Sunday, June 2 immediately following Koinonia in Room 3400 conference room
- Members of Koinonia are helping at Brightview Great Falls assisted living. Contact Pam Garren (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-806-0845) if you have questions or feel God's leading in reaching out to the community of seniors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone who would be available and like to help, once a month, with the Sunday afternoon church service at Sunrise of McLean from 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. If interested, please contact Pam Garren, 301-806-0845 or email@example.com
Community Room G (Used to be Room 3400), on the 3rd floor in the North Wing.