About Koinonia - Who We Are
- Connecting with other followers of Christ is an essential part of your spiritual journey. There is no such thing as a fully devoted follower of Christ who lives in isolation. At MBC, we offer community groups for people who are looking for a mid-sized group that meets at the church. People who attend community groups experience biblical community by making new friends, serving together, and praying for each other while growing deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We are a community of adults (mostly 50+) who meet for fellowship and Bible study. Our time is led by MBC instructors, and our activities are designed to help members become fully devoted followers of Christ who make an impact on their families, friends, neighborhoods and workplaces. Besides Bible study, we engage in social activities, potluck luncheons, an annual retreat, and service projects.
Discipleship Groups - When We Meet
- We also encourage each other to connect in biblical community through a Discipleship Group.
- Discipleship Groups consist of 6 to 12 people who have the common goal of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Discipleship Group life incorporates relationship building, Bible study, prayer and serving opportunities.
- Most groups meet weekly at MBC or in homes throughout the DC metro area.
Koinonia Sunday Schedule
- September 15 - 29 - "Job - Why Suffering?" - Elder Tom McMahon
Koinonia Fellowship Events
- Sunday, September 22nd - Koinonia Fellowship Swim & BBQ/Potluck at 1:00 p.m. at Gene & Donni LeBoeuf's home.
521 Lost Acre Lane, Great Falls, VA 22066; 703-406-2543
From MBC it's 9 miles, 15 min.
Turn left on Leesburg Pike (Rt. 7) Drive towards Sterling for about 5 miles.
Turn right onto Utterback Store Rd. Drive straight North for about 3 miles, crossing the Georgetown Pike stop light
At the T-junction turn left onto Beach Mill Rd. Drive about 0.4 miles
Turn left to Lost Acre Ln., Drive about 0.3 miles and the home is on your left with an American Flag.
Bring a dish to share.
- Saturday, October 12th - "Popcorn & A Movie." We will be showing "The War Room." Details to follow.
Koinonia Monthly Men's Gathering
- Saturday, September 21st from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Tysons Big Prayer Room
Outreach Planning Committee Meeting
- October 6th at 12:30 p.m. in the Conference Room next to Community Room G
- Members of Koinonia are helping at Brightview Great Falls assisted living. Contact Pam Garren (email@example.com or 301-806-0845) if you have questions or feel God's leading in reaching out to the community of seniors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone who would be available and like to help, once a month, with the Sunday afternoon church service at Sunrise of McLean from 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. If interested, please contact Pam Garren, 301-806-0845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
August 23-25, 2019 Senior Adult Retreat with Bill Read
- Dealing With Life's Difficulties - from the book of Job - Lessons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Audio files (excluding lesson 1): 2, 3, 4, 5
July 14 to September 8, 2019 - Rob Thomson teaching on Genesis 4-11 - Powerpoints and Supplements are linked below
- July 14 - Cain & Abel and Adam's Descendants (4:1-5:32)
- July 21 - Preparation for the Flood (6:1-7:5)
- July 28 - Evidence for the Global Flood
- August 4 - The Flood Begins and Rises (7:6-24)
- August 11 - The Flood Subsides (8:1-19)
- Supplement - Ice Age Post-Flood Dispersal
- Supplement - Ice Age Megafloods & Flood Sedimentation
- Supplement - Soft Tissue Fosssil Age
- Supplement - Y & Mitochondrial Chromosome & Adam, Eve & Noah
- Supplement - Adam & Eve, Diversity, & Allele Frequencies
- Supplement - Greenland & Antarctica Ice Sheets Age
- Supplement - WW2 Planes Buried In Greenland Ice
- Supplement - Ice Ages?
- August 18 - God's Covenant with Noah (8:20-9:17)
- August 25 - No Tysons meeting due to 2019 Senior Adult Retreat with Bill Read
- September 1 - The Sons of Noah (9:18-29)
- September 8 - The Table of Nations & The Tower of Babel (10:1-11:32)
October 2018, Rob Thomson series on Genesis 1-3, Powerpoint
Community Room G (Used to be Room 3400), on the 3rd floor in the North Wing.