About Koinonia - Who We Are
- Connecting with other followers of Christ is an essential part of your spiritual journey. There is no such thing as a fully devoted follower of Christ who lives in isolation. At MBC, we offer community groups for people who are looking for a mid-sized group that meets at the church. People who attend community groups experience biblical community by making new friends, serving together, and praying for each other while growing deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We are a community of adults (mostly 50+) who meet for fellowship and Bible study. Our time is led by MBC instructors, and our activities are designed to help members become fully devoted followers of Christ who make an impact on their families, friends, neighborhoods and workplaces. Besides Bible study, we engage in social activities, potluck luncheons, an annual retreat, and service projects.
Discipleship Groups - When We Meet
- We also encourage each other to connect in biblical community through a Discipleship Group.
- Discipleship Groups consist of 6 to 12 people who have the common goal of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Discipleship Group life incorporates relationship building, Bible study, prayer and serving opportunities.
- Most groups meet weekly at MBC or in homes throughout the DC metro area.
Koinonia Sunday Schedule:
- There will be no class Sunday, December 23rd or Sunday, December 30th. Class will resume Sunday, January 6th with a New Year's Potluck Brunch. Please bring a main dish, side, or dessert to share.
Koinonia Monthly Men's Gathering
- Saturday, January 19 at 10 am in the Large Prayer Room - Led by Elder Tom McMahon
Outreach Planning Committee Meeting
- To Be Announced
- Members of Koinonia are helping at Brightview Great Falls assisted living. Contact Pam Garren (email@example.com or 301-806-0845) if you have questions or feel God's leading in reaching out to the community of seniors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone who would be available and like to help, once a month, with the Sunday afternoon church service at Sunrise of McLean from 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. If interested, please contact Pam Garren, 301-806-0845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 3400, on the 3rd floor in the North Wing.