Our mission is to make an impact on the military service members and their families in the greater Washington, D.C. area with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Interested in helping a military family for the holidays? Contact us for information and learn how you can sign up!
Who We Are
Local Military Outreach (LMO) is a ministry designed to help enlisted military families, many of whom live at or below the poverty level or who lack the necessary resources to make ends meet. Once a month LMO provides supplemental food and clothing to families in need. In addition to our monthly events we host six major outreaches: Easter, Backpacks and School Supplies, Back to School Clothing, Winter Gear Clothing, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
We also offer Financial Peace University for Military, a stewardship training course to empower service members. This course teaches everything from budgeting, paying off debt, college planning and other helpful financial foundations.
How You Can Help
If you have a heart to serve our military we would love to have you join us!
- Volunteer – Many hands are needed to help with monthly events and behind the scenes administration.
- Be a member of our prayer team
- Greet and help families at monthly events
- Assist in coordinating major events
- Coordinate clothing needs – liaison between the Clothing Ministry and military families
- Administrative support – including updating documents, helping, with letters for special events, etc.
- Transport donated items to monthly events
- Financial Peace Instructors and Counselors
- Financial Assistance. Make checks payable to McLean Bible Church with Local Military Outreach in the Memo Line.
Schedule/Monthly Outreach & Special Events
All events are held from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in Community Room C. Volunteers are needed with set up beginning at 9:30 am and ending with clean up by 2:00 pm.