The goal of Loving our Prodigals is to provide a safe and confidential environment, biblical support, encouragement and resources to mothers faced with rebellious and troubled teens or young adults. Our desire is that each mom would find hope, healing, and growth in this area of her life.
Participants commit to daily prayer support for each other. LOP groups are "open" groups which means that new members may join at any time. All moms with these concerns are welcome. The group is facilitated by a trained facilitator who has "walked the walk" of being a mom of a prodigal.
Starting September 2018, we will be studying "Engaging Today's Prodigal" by Carol Barnier
Group Includes Four Principal Components
- Scripture devotion
- Study/ book discussion (see list below).
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No - Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Anxious for Nothing - John MacArthur
- How to Have that Difficult Conversation You’ve been Avoiding - Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Prayer – O. Hallesby
- The Practice of Godliness - Jerry Bridges
- Parenting Today's Teens - Mark Gregston
- Healing is a Choice - Stephen Arterburn
- The Power of a Praying Mom - Stormie Omartian
Amy Carmichael Conference Room, 3200A