About PrimeTime - Koinonia
Connecting with other followers of Christ is an essential part of your spiritual journey. There is no such thing as a fully devoted follower of Christ who lives in isolation. At MBC, we offer community groups for people who are looking for a mid-sized group that meets at the church. People who attend community groups experience biblical community by making new friends, serving together, and praying for each other while growing deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Who We Are
PrimeTime was renamed Koinonia in 2016. It is a community of adults (mostly 60+) who meet for fellowship and Bible study. Our time is led by MBC instructors, and our activities are designed to help members become fully devoted followers of Christ who make an impact on their families, friends, neighborhoods and workplaces.
Besides Bible study, we engage in social activities, potluck luncheons, an annual retreat, and service projects.
Discipleship Groups - When We Meet
We also encourage seniors to connect in biblical community through a Discipleship Group. Discipleship Groups consist of 6 to 12 people who have the common goal of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. Discipleship Group life incorporates relationship building, Bible study, prayer and serving opportunities. Most groups for senior adults meet weekly at MBC or in homes throughout the DC metro area.
Report on 2016 Senior Adult Retreat at White Sulphur Springs, Pennsylvania
Our annual retreat was held on August 26-28, and was open to all campuses and groups.
- Attendance was a record 87.
- Pastor Ed Few and Elder Tom McMahon led the morning devotionals.
- Dr. Joe Henriques led our studies, with the subject "Spurred on Leaders.".
- Elder Wayne Fujito and Pastor Ed Few were our administrators and leaders.
- Dave Sheets and Weber Ivy led our musical worship.
- The accommodations and food were superb.
- Check out the pictures from Joao and Penny Santa Rita.
- We'll be at the same place next year!
Room 3400, on the 3rd floor in the North Wing.