At The Rock our goal is to see students become fully devoted followers of Christ through a four step process; EXPOSE students to the Gospel (Rom 1:16), EQUIP them to grow in their faith (2 Tim 3:16), CONNECT them to a community of believers (Rom 1:12), and CONTRIBUTE by serving God and others (Matt 20:28).
The Rock Montgomery County
The Rock is the student ministry for 6th -12th graders. Our purpose is to rise up devoted and unashamed followers of Christ. To accomplish this we have four steps to get students plugged in.
All- Campus Events In the ROCK every year, allow students to be exposed to the ministry on a broad scale. We have 5 major events each year that all campuses participate in.
UPCOMING 2017-2018 Big Five Events:
- New Year's Aide: December 31, 2017
- Senior High Winter Retreat: January 26-28, 2018
- Junior High Winter Retreat: February 9-11, 2018 (Registration now open)
- Senior High Beach Week (Myrtle Beach, SC): June 18-22, 2018
- Junior High Summer Camp (North Bay Adventure Camp in Maryland): August 2-5, 2018
We also have local events that allow students a chance to connect locally, and invite their friends. Here are some upcoming events specific to Montgomery County Campus:
UPCOMING Local Events Winter/Spring 2018:
- First Fridays (Recreational activities): February 2nd, March 2nd, April 6th, May 4th.
- MBC Family Night: TBA
Every Sunday at 9 and 11 am, we meet for our own service, which runs concurrent to the main service at MBC Montgomery County, and equips students with a knowledge of God's word and tools to live as a Christian in this society. Junior and Senior high students may attend either service.
Our Sunday services feature:
- Hang out time
- Worship Response (e.g., song, prayer, small group, reflective element)
We encourage students to turn off all electronic devices during the service.
The Rock Mid-Week Gathering
Small group meetings are offered throughout the school year at our campus for both Junior (6th-8th graders) and Senior High (9th-12th graders). We meet on Wednesday's from 7:00-8:30pm in the Rock space (Sr. high) and Elementary Space (Jr. high). Our Mid-week gathering is a great way to spend time in community,develop relationships with leaders and grow in your faith while having a fun. Our doors are open to all students. So feel free to bring a friend along with you.
Every meeting begins with dinner and students having an opportunity to hang out for about 30 minutes. After we jump into some large group games for about 20 minutes. Then, we dive into a small group study breaking into groups by grade or gender for discussion facilitated by an adult leader.
You’ll meet new people in an open and welcoming environment. No need to sign up just show up.
For more information, email Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at the ROCK partner with the Montgomery County FCA to bring Bible studies to various schools in the county as an outreach. These studies are called "huddles" and allow students a chance to be exposed to the Bible and Christian community in a non-threatening environment. If you attend one of these schools you can go and meet other Christians at your school or invite your friends to come. This is a great way to connect with other students in the Rock or friends who don’t have a home church. For a list of FCA huddles at public and private schools in Montgomery County click here.
For more information or questions about starting an FCA huddle at your school, email Drew at email@example.com.
Students in The ROCK have opportunities to serve locally and globally. Here are some ways your student can serve:
- Nursing Home Visits- spend time impacting the residents at Manor Care Bethesda.
- Kid's Quest- opportunities to impact children with the Gospel message through serving as a tech/av member, co-small group leader or on worship team.
- The Rock- we welcome students to serve as greeters, check in station members, band members, tech/av crew or as camp counselors. Talk to a leader in the Rock about serving in our youth ministry.
- Lead THE Cause Washington, D.C., July 23-27, 2018.
- Our July 2018 global mission trips is yet to be determined. We will update you soon.
For more information please contact Andrew Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Date & Time
- January 10, 2018 - May 23, 2018
- January 17, 2018 - May 30, 2018
- January 24, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- February 7, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- February 14, 2018 - June 27, 2018
Pastor of The Rock Student Ministries
Andrew was born and raised in Maryland. A year after graduating from high school he lost his best friend to a car accident and came to realize the truth in James 4:14 "yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." Drew then recommitted His life to Jesus and pursued Christian education at Washington Bible College where he received his B.A. in Biblical Studies and obtained a M.A. in Human Services with Liberty University Online. Throughout his years as a college student Andrew was heavily involved in the youth, children's and preaching ministry at his childhood church. Prior to joining the staff at MBC, he served as a preschool teacher at Naval Support Activity in Bethesda. Andrew is married to his high school sweetheart, Dina and they have a son, Ezra, and daughter, Anabella. Andrew enjoys family time, basketball, xbox, movies and chipotle! He is passionate about impacting teens with the Gospel message and encouraging them to live unashamed lives for Christ.