Sunday Teams have an important role in our worship services and serve as the first impressions our guests will have when they come to visit our campus. And for first-time guests, everything speaks to them! We are committed to creating a welcoming atmosphere where people are valued and cared for from the moment they enter the parking lot to their seats. You can be one of the reasons visitors return to MBC Prince William! We want to provide a safe environment for you and others to take the next steps toward becoming a more fully devoted follower of Christ.
Volunteers serve weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. We hope you will join our Sunday Morning Teams and be a part of the "WOW!" factor.
Communion Prep - Enable a worship opportunity by preparing the elements for communion.
• Characteristics: Prefer to be behind-the-scenes, can be patient and cooperative
• Role: Enable a powerful worship opportunity for our congregation by preparing the elements for communion.
• Serve: About six times a year for both services
Greeters - Welcome guests with a warm smile and friendly greeting.
• Characteristics: Sincere smile, Personable, Able to make eye contact
• Role: Welcome guests with a warm smile and friendly greeting as you hold the door open
• Serve: 30 minutes before the service and 15 minutes into the start of the service
Medical Emergency Response Team - Available for medical emergencies during services.
• Characteristics: Medical background, EMT’s, responsible
• Role: Available and accessible to assist those who are injured or become ill during weekend services or at major events, notify Usher and Welcome Center team leads where you can be found
• Serve: When a medical emergency occurs during your assigned worship service and at major events
Parking - Greet folks with a smile and direct traffic.
• Characteristics: Welcoming, Confident, Enjoy being outside
• Role: Direct traffic flow, guide visitors to visitor parking spots, close full lots, and enable an enjoyable arrival and departure experience
• Serve: First Shift- 8:30am – 9:15am; Second Shift-10:00am -11:00am and 11:45 – 12:15 pm
Tellers- Sort and manage the Sunday offering.
• Characteristics: Integrity, Detail oriented, Enjoy numbers
• Role: Sort and manage the Sunday offering
• Serve: Immediately following the offering for about 30-45 minutes through the service
Ushers - Provide a friendly presence and directional help as people enter the auditorium.
• Characteristics: Integrity, Interpersonal skills, Reliable, Able to take mental notes (ie. being aware of available seats)
• Role: Provide a friendly presence and directional help as you hand out bulletins, guide people to their seats, collect the offering during the service, serve communion and assist with any congregational needs during the service
• Serve: 30 minutes before the service, during the offering, and 10 minutes after the service to make auditorium presentable for the next service
Welcome Center Hosts- Create a welcoming environment in the lobby and answer questions.
• Characteristics: Welcoming! Informative, Enjoy walking people to various areas of the church
• Role: Create a warm and welcoming environment in the MBC Prince William lobby as you answer questions and escort individuals and families to areas they are looking for
• Serve: 30 minutes before the service, remain at the Welcome center during the service (screen is available in the lobby), and 15 minutes after.
Thank you for your commitment to serve and allow MBC Prince William to make an impact with the message of Jesus Christ! If you are interested in any of these serving opportunities, please contact Larry Gray at [email protected]