The Visitation Ministry Team is part of Pastoral Care Training and Development at MBC Tysons. It extends pastoral care in the name of Jesus Christ to those in the Washington, DC area who are part of the MBC Tysons community.
The Team Mission
The Visitation Ministry Team visits the sick who are in a hospital, skilled care facility, or assisted living in order to provide spiritual encouragement and direction.
The Team Goals
Goals to accomplish the mission are to:
- visit the sick in a timely fashion
- extend the compassion of Christ
- listen to understand their perspective
- share scripture and the Gospel
- pray for – but, don’t claim – healing (if appropriate) and for any specific request
- the visitation worker increases in ability to minister to the sick