The Rock is looking for men and women who love the Lord and want to serve students. There are a variety of ways to do this, so please select a specific campus to see Rock volunteer opportunities near you.
Volunteer at The Rock Tysons
Thank you for your interest in seeking to serve our Junior and Senior High Students! We have a passion for seeing students come to know Christ and to see them grow in that relationship. We are looking for men and women who have a commitment to Christ and a desire to care for students. In 1 Thessalonians 2:8 Paul writes of the Thessalonians that he was delighted to “...not only [share] the gospel of God but our lives as well, because [they] had become so dear”. Our ministry is built on relationships between committed adult volunteers and students. Relationships enable students to feel cared for and help them to understand God's love in practical ways.
There are several ways that you can be involved as a volunteer. Please review the different service opportunities (see list below). In order to be considered for a volunteering position, we kindly ask that you follow the 4 step process below:
- Complete the Tysons Volunteer Application HERE.
- Visit the Ministry: After you have submitted your application and a background check has been submitted, we will coordinate a time for you to visit/observe the ministry and/or the areas you wish to serve in.
- Interview with Staff: Once you have applied and visited the ministry, we will schedule a time to meet with you and pray about this decision.
- Placement/Training: After completing the above 3 steps, you will begin to serve monthly and also receive new volunteer training
LIST OF WAYS TO SERVE AT THE ROCK TYSONS:
SUNDAY MORNING POSITIONS
Middle School Service:
- Greeting team: Greeters and Connectors: greet students/parents and connect them to others
- Check in: Aid students on arrival to check in using our Fellowship One database (via iPad)
- Spiritual Development
- Grade leaders: Help coordinate connection and community amongst a specific age group/grade. Arrive early to services and will champion connections and communication within, and to, said grade. They will assist new students in assimilation as well as be prepared to spiritually guide students with questions about their faith.
- Set up crew: Set up crew members will arrive an hour before the start of the service to help set up the staging/audio/band/media equipment and assist in getting the room ready for the program. Must be hard working and able to lift heavy objects. Requires some training.
- Pro-Presenter Engineer: Runs the slides for worship as well as for the sermon. Arrives 15 min. before the service at which they are volunteering. Requires training in Pro-Presenter and some general computer knowledge is required.
- Light Engineer: Operates and maintains program lighting
High School Bible Study- The Gathering:
- Table Leader: Table leaders must be spiritually mature believers who are capable of walking a group of students through a curriculum or passage and engaging students in meaningful discussion.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT POSITIONS (MS and HS)
- Small Group Leader: Small Group Leaders must be spiritually mature believers who are capable of walking a group of students through a curriculum or passage and leading them in discussion that enables them to grow deeper in their faith. Small Group Leaders will serve in our midweek small groups choosing HS or MS environments.
- Middle School Set Up/Clean Up: Help 15 minutes before and after Junior High small groups to set up/clean up the kitchen and Rock gym.
- Special Events: Monthly and or quarterly opportunities to serve at events and camps.
- Office Admin: Assist in data entry, especially that of new students, spiritual decisions, and baptisms. Will require training. Time commitment is flexible.