The Rock is looking for men and women who love the Lord and want to serve students. There are a variety of ways to do this, so please select a specific campus to see Rock volunteer opportunities near you.
Volunteer at The Rock Tysons
Thank you for your interest in seeking to serve our middle school and high school students! We have a passion for seeing students come to know Christ and to see them grow in that relationship. We are looking for men and women who have a commitment to Christ and a desire to care for students. In 1 Thessalonians 2:8 Paul writes of the Thessalonians that he was delighted to “...not only [share] the gospel of God but our lives as well, because [they] had become so dear”. Our ministry is built on relationships between committed adult volunteers and students. Relationships enable students to feel cared for and help them to understand God's love in practical ways.
There are several ways that you can be involved as a volunteer. Please review the different service opportunities (see list below). In order to be considered for a volunteering position, we kindly ask that you follow the 4 step process below:
- Complete the Tysons Volunteer Application HERE.
- Interview with Staff: Once you have applied and visited the ministry, we will schedule a time to meet with you and pray about this decision.
- Visit the Ministry: After you have submitted your application and a background check has been submitted, we will coordinate a time for you to visit/observe the ministry and/or the areas you wish to serve in.
- Placement/Training: After completing the above 3 steps, you will begin to serve monthly and also receive new volunteer training
LIST OF WAYS TO SERVE AT THE ROCK TYSONS:
SUNDAY MORNING POSITIONS
Middle School Service:
- Check in: Aid students on arrival to check in using our Fellowship One database (via iPad)
- Spiritual Development
- Small Group Leader: Small group leaders must be spiritually mature believers who are capable of walking a group of students through a curriculum or passage and engaging students in meaningful discussion. They will assist new students in assimilation as well as be prepared to spiritually guide students with questions about their faith.
- Pro-Presenter Engineer: Runs the slides for worship as well as for the sermon. Arrives 15 min. before the service at which they are volunteering. Requires training in Pro-Presenter and some general computer knowledge is required.
High School Bible Study- The Gathering:
- Table Leader: Table leaders must be spiritually mature believers who are capable of walking a group of students through a curriculum or passage and engaging students in meaningful discussion.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT POSITIONS (MS and HS)
- Small Group Leader: Small Group Leaders must be spiritually mature believers who are capable of walking a group of students through a curriculum or passage and leading them in discussion that enables them to grow deeper in their faith. Small Group Leaders will serve in our midweek gatherings choosing HS or MS environments.