Our annual Young Adult Retreat is for those who are college-aged, 20s and 30s. We welcome young adults from all five MBC campuses and visitors! If you are new to MBC, the retreat is a great place to meet new people and get better connected within our church community. It's an incredible opportunity to get away from the busy Washington, DC area, grow in your relationship with Christ, and build community with other believers!
Check out our FAQs on the right for more information, and learn how you can volunteer below!
Registration will close at midnight on Tuesday, August 21.
If for some reason you need to cancel your registration to attend the Young Adult Retreat, you may request a full refund, minus a $10 non-refundable deposit until August 1. You may then request a 50% refund until August 21. After August 21, you will not be able to receive any refunds. Please note that registrations are NOT transferable.
Listed below are some of the ways that you can get involved and volunteer with the retreat! Each area is looking for volunteers who are willing to help out with any of the bulleted items. Please note that we are not able to provide a discount on registration for those serving. If you are interested please fill out the Volunteer Sign-Up Form.
- Help assemble registration packets the Wednesday evening before the retreat (August 29, 7-9 pm, MBC Tysons, Room 3400)
- Check people in as they arrive at Rockbridge on Friday evening and hand out registration packets (shifts between 4pm and midnight, except during main session).
- Stationed near check-in and the hospitality room to greet people and make them feel welcome upon arrival on Friday (shifts between 4pm and midnight, except during general sessions)
- Stand at doors to meals and/or main sessions to greet people. A great job if you like to see everyone at the retreat!
- Reach out and help newcomers and those who don't know others on the retreat to connect with our community throughout the weekend and at select meals
- Help facilitate the Friday evening social and ice-breaker activity (arrive by 7 pm).
- Help direct people where to park on Friday evening. It’s not glamorous, but it’s only an hour, and you’ll get to see everyone as they drive in to the retreat!
- Help coordinate special activities (ex. bonfire, ultimate frisbee, etc.)
- Help facilitate Friday and/or Saturday evening activities
Note - You will not be required to participate in everything on the following list:
- Participate in pre-retreat hospitality food purchasing trip Thursday, Aug. 30)
- Bring board games, card games, etc. for the room
- Set up the food and decorations on-site (must be able to arrive at the Retreat between 2pm and 3pm)
- Sign up for shift to manage the Hospitality room throughout the weekend (restock items, keep organized, etc)
- Clean and pack up any left-over food Saturday night and re-load food into the van to return to MBC
- Help set up the prayer room on Friday afternoon/evening
- Pray over prayer requests throughout the weekend
- Be available to pray with people after main sessions
Pastor of Young Adults, MBC Tysons
Nate is originally from Alabama (Roll Tide!), and he attended Liberty University and graduated in 2008 with a degree in Communications. He then got married, and he and his wife Kristen jumped overseas to be missionaries in the Dominican Republic for 6 months. Afterwards, God led him to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to prepare for a life of full-time ministry. He graduated with an Master of Divinity in 2013 and has been on staff with McLean Bible Church since June 2014. He is passionate about seeing the church actively participating in the cause of Christ, both locally and globally. He and Kristen have two boys, Josiah and Jaylin.
Rockbridge Alum Springs
170 Spring House Road
Goshen, VA 24439