"YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY”
The Holiness of God is the highest and loftiest of concepts for man to grasp. However, no other attribute is more essential to our understanding of God than His Holiness. Without it, power, omnipresence, omnipotence are frightening attributes of transcendent being. Nothing holds together the cause for creation, its nurture and its ultimate redemption like the lofty concept of Holiness. Mortals rarely take the time, if at all, to attempt to fathom the scope and depth of Holiness, let along its implications for our day to day existence. Without Holiness our lives, our universe, indeed, all of creation would careen out of control in an automated centrifugal force of self-indulgence. We need to proceed cautiously as we dare to undertake a study of this awesome notion, one that hold life together like particles inside an atom.
Holiness seems to be an inscrutable concept from the cloisters of ages past; not exactly a good ‘lead’ for defending or sharing your faith. In an age that challenges any residual significance to the value of right and wrong, that has philosophically brought down “absolutes” as demagoguery, derided as prudish and old fashioned sexual purity, initiated the advent of the “tolerant” generation… discussions of a Holy God seem miscast and irrelevant. The word “sin” is a relic from ancient times, rarely, if ever used in public discourse for fear of sounding judgmental or dogmatic.
Unfortunately many believers fail to appreciate the boldness of this all-inclusive argument for the reality of sin, righteousness and judgment: the Holiness of God. It is a truth that binds and gives logical continuity to Christian doctrine. Learn to seize it, embrace it and lead with the necessity of holiness>.. in helping “the believer think and thinker believe.”
- Week 1: Introduction to the Topic: A Consuming Fire
- Week 2: Genesis: A Tree in the midst of the Garden, The Sabbath; At the East Gate
- Week 3: Moses: A Burning Bush, MT. Sinai and the Law; at Kadesh
- Week 4: In the Tabernacle, In the Camp of the Israelites,
- Week 5: The Holiness of the Messiah; in a Storm on the on the Sea of Galilee, In healing a Leper and the Lame, Mt. Transfiguration
- Week 6: In Pilate’s Court, At the Cross, in the Temple At Breakfast by the Sea