The set-up for Second Light, the morning breakfast, takes 10 to 15 minutes. It involves the following:
- Arrive at 6:00 am to give you plenty of time. Arriving this early provides some flex time if traffic is bad or if there is an accident, etc.
- Turn the buffet lights on and the warming trays on. They buffet light switches are at eye level above warming trays. The warming tray dials are at waist level beneath the warming trays and the setting should be on number 5.
- In the MBC Cafe (on level 2 at MBC Tysons), a cart will be fully loaded with all necessary breakfast equipment. There will be a small white table at the entrance of the MBC Cafe buffet line. Place it in front of the MBC Cafe grill sign where the trays are located and put the plates and cutlery on it.
- You will see one tray cart with wheels next to the stack of trays. Place a tray on top of the tray cart and then place one wooden contribution box on top with a sign detailing to cost of the breakfast.
Place the rest of the items in the appropriate paces:
- Bagel cutter on the buffet
- Make sure that the toasters are on the buffet. (They should be put out there by the kitchen staff the evening before.)
- Put any condiments on the small counter at the end of the buffet: ketchup, salt, pepper, napkins, hot sauce, etc.
- Go down and enjoy the message with the rest of your table!