- Sunday, Dec. 10: 6-9 pm
- Monday, Dec. 11: 6-9 pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 12: 6-9 pm
- Wednesday, Dec. 13: 6-9 pm
- Thursday, Dec. 14: 6-9 pm
- Friday, Dec. 15: 6-9 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 16: 3-7 pm*
*Sensory-Friendly from 1-3 pm
Stop by the Christmas Café to enjoy a delicious dinner or a yummy dessert.
Penguin Playground, Candy Land and Noah’s Ark
- This kid-friendly paradise includes a giant obstacle course, inflatable bouncy houses, crafts, face painting and much more!
Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
Come and join us as we share God’s love with over 5,000 needy kids all around the world by packing shoebox gifts! You will not want to miss this fun Christmas experience by giving a simple gift.
Christmas Circus – Special Event Uni-Show
- You don’t want to miss this high rolling World Champion Unicyclist who will blow your mind and make you smile with the fun tricks he can do right before your eyes!
- Take a stroll down Main Street to enjoy Christmas lights, write a postcard to our U.S. Troops and many other activities along the way. Be on the lookout for fun Christmas characters who will be hanging out waiting for you to snap a photo!
- Experience Christmas around the world and buy handmade gifts for sale that support ministries focused on combating poverty through the local church and entrepreneurial efforts. Most objects will be made by people from different regions of the world including Latin America, Asia and Africa.
Portrait & Selfie Studio
- Smile for the camera! From selfies to family portraits, commemorate your evening at Christmas Village. (Props and backdrops provided.)
- Spend the evening relishing in new and traditional Christmas songs, dramas and celebrating the Greatest Gift of All!
A Christmas Carousel
- For the young and the young at heart—take a ride on this old-time carousel and reminisce the sweet childhood memories or make new memories with those you hold dear.
- Travel to Bethlehem to experience the birth of Jesus Christ.
Bless a child this Christmas season by donating a toy at Christmas Village. Our goal is to share Christmas and God’s love to children here in our own community and around the world. Consider bringing a donation of a new, small or medium sized toy. The gifts will be used to bless needy children in the DMV. You can also pack a shoebox through our Operation Christmas Child program while visiting the Christmas Village!
- Smoked Turkey Leg with Braised Collards, Stuffing and Cake
- Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw, Mac-N-Cheese and Cupcake
- Soup and Salad with Fresh Roll and Cookies or Brownie
- Chicken Tenders
- French Fries
Join the team and bring Christmas Village to life! Visit our SignUpGenius to view the volunteer roles and sign up to serve.
- There are tabs at the very top to view by day.
- If you plan to serve more than once, please sign up for every day you are available.
McLean Bible Church is committed to providing opportunities to display Christ to our communities by meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. For 20 years MBC has met the physical needs of the community through Turkey Outreach by providing whole thanksgiving meals to hundreds of thousands of people. Last year alone, we served meals and turkey boxes to 65,000 people in the DMV.
This is a great opportunity for you to connect with others, serve the community, and impact the region for Christ! Please consider serving this great ministry in the following ways.
$199 - Until Monday, July 31 (at midnight)
$225 - August 1-15
Registration will close at midnight on Tuesday, August 15.
If for some reason you need to cancel your registration to attend the Young Adult Retreat, you may request a full refund, minus a $10 non-refundable deposit until August 1. You may then request a 50% refund until August 15. After August 15, you will not be able to receive any refunds. Please note that registrations are NOT transferable.
Listed below are some of the ways that you can get involved and volunteer with the retreat! Each area is looking for volunteers who are willing to help out with any of the bulleted items. Please note that we are not able to provide a discount on registration for those serving. If you are interested please fill out the Volunteer Sign-Up Form.
- Help assemble registration packets the Wednesday evening before the retreat (August 23, 7-9 pm, MBC Tysons, Community Room B)
- Check people in as they arrive at Rockbridge on Friday evening and hand out registration packets (shifts between 4pm and midnight, except during main session).
- Stationed near check-in and the hospitality room to greet people and make them feel welcome upon arrival on Friday (shifts between 4pm and midnight, except during general sessions)
- Stand at doors to meals and/or main sessions to greet people. A great job if you like to see everyone at the retreat!
- Reach out and help newcomers and those who don't know others on the retreat to connect with our community throughout the weekend and at select meals
- Help facilitate the Friday evening social and ice-breaker activity (arrive by 7 pm).
- Help direct people where to park on Friday evening. It’s not glamorous, but it’s only an hour, and you’ll get to see everyone as they drive in to the retreat!
- Help coordinate special activities (ex. bonfire, ultimate frisbee, etc.)
- Help facilitate Friday and/or Saturday evening activities
Note - You will not be required to participate in everything on the following list:
- Participate in pre-retreat hospitality food purchasing trip (Thurs, Aug. 24)
- Bring board games, card games, etc. for the room
- Set up the food and decorations on-site (must be able to arrive at the Retreat between 2pm and 3pm)
- Sign up for shift to manage the Hospitality room throughout the weekend (restock items, keep organized, etc)
- Clean and pack up any left-over food Saturday night and re-load food into the van to return to MBC
- Help set up the prayer room on Friday afternoon/evening
- Pray over prayer requests throughout the weekend
- Be available to pray with people after main sessions
Pastor of Young Adults, MBC Tysons
Nate is originally from Alabama (Roll Tide!), and he attended Liberty University and graduated in 2008 with a degree in Communications. He then got married, and he and his wife Kristen jumped overseas to be missionaries in the Dominican Republic for 6 months. Afterwards, God led him to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to prepare for a life of full-time ministry. He graduated with an Master of Divinity in 2013 and has been on staff with McLean Bible Church since June 2014. He is passionate about seeing the church actively participating in the cause of Christ, both locally and globally. He and Kristen have two boys, Josiah and Jaylin.
MBC Arlington Campus Pastor
Eric is originally from Chesapeake VA, and after graduating from Liberty University, he served with an organization called WorldHelp, raising awareness of the physical and spiritual needs of people around the world. After also serving as a youth and college pastor in Portsmouth VA, God led him to Raleigh, NC to attend Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he graduated with a Master of Divinity in 2013. While in seminary, he served as a lay pastor at Christ Our King Community Church in Raleigh, along with working in Community Development. It was also there that he met and married his wife Jenique. He is passionate to see the Church take seriously the call of Jesus Christ to follow him unreservedly.
The goal of Signs of Life Deaf Ministry is to provide opportunities for the Deaf to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Over the years, God has blessed us to serve and expand the Deaf Ministry across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. We are devoted to providing reasonable accommodations, so all people may join together in community to learn, grow and fellowship.
- MBC Tysons: Sundays at 10:45 am (Main Auditorium)
- MBC Loudoun: Sundays at 10:45 am
- The Rock (Jr. High School Students): Sundays at 10:45 am (The Rock)
Closed Captioned Services
- Internet Campus: 10:45 am Sunday EST
American Sign Language interpretation and other accommodations may be requested for any service, class, conference or event. All requests should be made at least two weeks in advance to ensure availability. To request an interpreter, please contact Phyllis Rogers.
David Platt | Pastor-Teacher, McLean Bible Church
As the Pastor- Teacher of McLean Bible Church, David’s passion for both missions and discipleship has brought renewed commitment and energy as the church readies itself to respond as the Lord leads. David also serves as President of the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. Previously, he served as pastor of The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, Alabama. He earned a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia, followed by Master's degrees of Divinity and Theology and a Doctorate of Philosophy from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. David is the author of Radical, Radical Together, Follow Me, and Counter Culture.
Dale Sutherland | Lead Pastor, McLean Bible Church
Dale's faithful leadership as Lead Pastor of McLean Bible Church consists of casting vision, shepherding the people, and providing pastoral oversight of the church where he previously served as the Director of Student Ministries and Director of Outreach for more than a decade. Prior to his employment at MBC, Dale served as an Officer and Detective with the DC Metro Police Department for over 20 years.
Michael Kelsey | Teaching Team Pastor, Montgomery County Campus Pastor, McLean Bible Church
Mike Kelsey is Campus Pastor at the McLean Bible Church Montgomery County location, and a member of the Teaching Team. Prior to this, Mike served faithfully in other pastoral roles including, Pastor of MBC’s Frontline Silver Spring. Born into a strong lineage of Washington, D.C. pastors, including both his father and grandfather, Mike grew up with a strong foundation in the gospel.
Christina Kposowa | Founder & CEO, CKPR Consulting
Christina attends the Montgomery County campus of McLean Bible Church. Christina has a wealth of experience managing strategic communications for non-profit organizations as well as some of the world's largest corporations. She specializes in storytelling, and has a talent for navigating complex cultural and communications challenges. She earned her degree in journalism from The University of Maryland, College Park with a citation in the College Park Scholars' Media, Self & Society Program, and currently resides in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Eric Saunders | Arlington Campus Pastor, McLean Bible Church
Originally from Chesapeake, Virginia, Eric served with WorldHelp, raising awareness to the physical and spiritual needs of people around the world. After also serving as a youth and college pastor in Portsmouth VA, he attended the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Raleigh, North Carolina, graduating with an Masters in Divinity in 2013. While there, he served as a lay Pastor at Christ Our King Community Church in Raleigh along with working in Community Development. He is passionate to see the Church take seriously the call of Jesus Christ and to follow him unreservedly.
Stay tuned for more information on a Post-Easter Service Project at MBC Loudoun!
On Good Friday, we celebrate how God met our deepest need for a Savior through Jesus Christ. We want to model His sacrificial love by serving the needs of others all throughout our community with “Do Good Friday" on Friday, March 30.