WHAT IS RE|ENGAGE?
Re|Engage Summer Schedule
Re|Engage meets every Wednesday for approximately two hours and has two major components: Large Group and Small Group.
Large Group 7-7:40 pm
Each Wednesday evening begins in a large group setting. During this time, you will hear:
- A couple publicly share their marriage story
- Re|Engage leaders teach principles for marriage growth
Small Group 7:40-9 pm
When Large Group concludes, couples move into Small Group. Couples have different destinations depending on which stage of the Re|Engage process they are in. There are three stages:
- Stage 1 – NEWCOMERS is for first-time attendees to Re|Engage. At Newcomers your leaders will share some of their marriage story, explain the Re|Engage process and discuss your next steps. This is a safe environment for you to come and hear what Re|Engage is all about. Other than introduce yourself you will not be asked to share.
- Stage 2 – OPEN GROUP is for couples that have attended Newcomers and are not yet in a Closed Group. This is a great place to begin working on your marriage. Each week will feature group discussion on different marriage topics. At this time, you will have the opportunity to begin sharing some of your story at your own pace. You will also begin learning the value and ground rules of participating in small groups.
- Stage 3 – CLOSED GROUP consists of 4-5 participating couples and a facilitator couple who will walk through the 16-lesson Re|Engage curriculum together. Closed Groups are formed when there are enough couples ready to join a Closed Group and a facilitator couple is available. You will not be placed in a Closed Group until you have indicated that you are ready. Once formed, new couples are not added to the Closed Group.
What does Re|Engage cost?
The initial registration is $20/per person ($40 per couple). If you make a decision to join a Closed Group, there is also a $150/per couple financial commitment.
Do you provide childcare?
Yes we do. Please contact [email protected] to reserve childcare.
Can I come to Re|Engage without my spouse?
Absolutely. You will be encouraged by hearing stories from other couples that survived very difficult situations in Large Group, Newcomers, and Open Groups. However, Closed Groups are reserved for couples in which both spouses are committed to the process.
When can I join Re|Engage?
You can register to attend Re|Engage and start any Wednesday evening between Sept. 10 and June 10.
What about inclement weather?
When there is inclement weather, check the MBC website. MBC follows the Fairfax County government federal closures procedure, so if the government is canceled, Re|Engage is canceled.
How many weeks does Re|Engage run?
When you join Re|Engage, one can expect a schedule something like this:
WEEK - 1
Attend a NEWCOMERS GROUP
WEEK - 2
Attend OPEN GROUP - you remain in open group until you are ready to join a closed group.
WEEK - X
Once in a CLOSED GROUP - made up of 4-6 couples - there is a $150/couple cost, and a 16-week curriculum [one book per person] that you work through. Each closed group will take on its own dynamic as to how fast or slow the group moves through the material until the course is complete which determines the end date.
Where does Re|Engage meet in the McLean Bible Church building?
The address of the McLean Bible Church is 8925 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182. If you are not familiar with our building, park on the LOWER deck of our parking garage by Door #2 and follow the Re|Engage signs to the back elevators #3 & #4 (take stairs past room 1208/9) to floor 1A. Note: elevators #1 & #2 will not go to floor 1A. Once on floor 1A, pick up your name tag or register and join us in the open area for large group.
Does Re|Engage ever meet on Sundays?
Yes, coming soon in Summer 2020, Re|Engage will run an 8-week Sunday morning program. More details to come.
What is the origin of Re|Engage?
The program was launched at Watermark Community Church in September 2008 and has since expanded to other churches nationwide. You can learn more by visiting www.marriagehelp.org.
Wednesday Evening Re|Engage Class Registration Forms:
Dates Re|Engage will not meet:
In 2019, Re|Engage will not meet on Nov. 27 or Dec. 25.
In 2020, Re|Engage will not meet on Jan. 1 or during FCPS's Spring Break (Apr. 6-10).
McLean Bible Church is committed to providing opportunities to display Christ to our communities by meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. For 20 years MBC has met the physical needs of the community through Turkey Outreach by providing whole thanksgiving meals to hundreds of thousands of people. Last year alone, we served meals and turkey boxes to 65,000 people in the DMV.
This is a great opportunity for you to connect with others, serve the community, and impact the region for Christ! Please consider serving this great ministry in the following ways.
The goal of Signs of Life Deaf Ministry is to provide opportunities for the Deaf to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Over the years, God has blessed us to serve and expand the Deaf Ministry across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. We are devoted to providing reasonable accommodations, so all people may join together in community to learn, grow and fellowship.
- MBC Tysons: Sundays at 11 am (Main Auditorium)
- MBC Loudoun: Sundays at 11 am
- The Rock (Jr. High School Students): Sundays at 11 am (The Rock)
Closed Captioned Services
- Internet Campus: 11 am Sunday EST
American Sign Language interpretation and other accommodations may be requested for any service, class, conference or event. All requests should be made at least two weeks in advance to ensure availability. To request an interpreter, please contact Phyllis Rogers.
TYSONS CAMPUS: Our "Love & Respect" series on marriage, and relationships will begin this Sunday August 18- October 27, 9:30 am to 10:45 am for MBC deaf- members attending.
LOUDOUN CAMPUS: "Love & Respect" will begin on September 8th to October 27 for Bible study for the MBC deaf members attending the Loudoun campus. Deaf members who are interested from the Loudoun campus should email Gabriel at [email protected] to express interest.